World AIDS Day Networking Learning Discussion #WAD
The AIDS Foundation through its programme the Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights organised a
World AIDS Day networking learning discussion on Adolescent pregnancy, gender based violence
and HIV and an awareness raising picket. The discussion explored the inter-connections between
teenage pregnancy, gender based violence and HIV while the picket focus on raising awareness on
HIV/AIDS through music and distribution of condoms.
The following recommendations emerged from the discussions
- Age-appropriate comprehensive sexuality education for all young people
- Investment in girls’ education
- Prevention of child, early and forced marriage, sexual violence, and coercion
- Building of gender-equitable societies by empowering girls and engaging men and boys
- Measures to ensure adolescents’ access to sexual and reproductive health information as
well as services that welcome them and facilitate their choices;
- Improved quality research on adolescent girls to inform future interventions.