Vacancy: FINANCE OFFICER
FIXED TERM CONTRACT
January 2020- March 2022
Salary: TCTC R250 000 per annum
The Finance Department is in need of a finance officer to work on the new Global Fund Grant. AFSA wishes to appoint suitably qualified individuals who will conduct bookkeeper functions for the Programme. This position will be based at the AFSA offices in Musgrave.
Purpose of Job:
The Finance Officer is required to support the Global Fund programme with financial accounting, compliance and audit requirements for the programme, AFSA and sub-grantees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monthly capturing of cashbooks and converting of supplier invoices
- Reconciliation of cash advances
- Preparation of creditor reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly recoveries
- Preparation of vehicle recoveries
- Processing of journals
- Follow up on outstanding invoices
- Assisting in capturing and reconciliation of suppliers
- Check invoices for accuracy
- Maintain and monitor filing system
- Perform general administration support photocopying and filing
- Assist with audit preparation and during audit
- Prepare periodic financial reports for submission to all relevant recipients
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/ (Accounting) OR Diploma in Accounting/Finance
- 2-3 years’ experience in finance environment
- Basic/ Intermediate excel knowledge
- Pastel partner/ Evolution or Similar ERP system
- Previous NPO/NGO experience will be advantageous
- Fair finance background
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver’s licence and atleast one year’s driving experience
- Time management
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with a Cover Letter clearly outlining work experience and ability to perform various finance duties listed in this advert as well as copies of certificates and ID with the reference “Finance Officer” in the subject line via email to [email protected] no later than 10th January 2020. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us by the end of January 2020, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.