Social Media Officer
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
1st December 2020 – 31st March 2021
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Programme manages the Sex Rights Africa Network which is an open association of SRHR practitioners. SRAN exists to share evidence and strengthen advocacy and action to realise SRHR for all in Southern Africa and globally. The www.sexrightsafrica.net platform is managed by the AIDS Foundation of South Africa and supported by the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, Zambia. It also hosts Trainers Lab (www.trainerslab.net), a global hub for SRHR trainers, supported by Aidsfonds in the Netherlands.
AFSA requires a Social Media Officer to maintain, develop and expand the social media presence of the Sex Rights Africa Network and its online networking hub. The position will be based at the Organisation’s Head Office in Durban and will be for a fixed term period of 4 months.
The Social Media Officer is responsible for managing the Sex Rights Africa Network social media presence, with the aim of:
- Promoting the campaigns and activities of the SRAN
- Driving traffic to the sexrightsafrica.net website and
- Extending access to SRHR resources and support to mobile users in Eastern and Southern Africa.
- A University degree, college diploma or equivalent in digital marketing / social media communications
Skills & Experience required
- Excellent knowledge of social media marketing and in social media advertising
- Proven track record in social media account growth, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience in social media goal setting, strategy and execution
- Strong knowledge of media monitoring, research and analysis, online measurement and report generation
- Understanding of and commitment and sensitivity to SRHR issues in Southern Africa
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines and respond quickly and effectively under pressure
- Experience in social media advertising
- Experience in blogging
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Knowledge of social media storytelling (use of images, video, text to tell a compelling story)
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and certified copies of certificates, ID and links with social media pages and/or blogs with the reference “Social Media Officer” in the subject line via emails to [email protected] no later than 20/11/2020. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website using the form below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us two week after closing date, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.