MONITORING AND EVALUATION COORDINATOR VACANCY
FIXED TERM CONTRACT (Ending 31 May 2019)
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building.
The HIV Prevention Programme wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator for the Bridge Programme funded by FHI 360. Applicants must have the ability to work in a demanding and high pressured environment, be able and willing to work long hours. This position will be based at the AFSA offices in Durban, but will support sites throughout program implementation area, thus driving is essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data integrity and reporting for AFSA Bridge programme
- Conduct data checks and validation
- Develop and/modify data collection tools, monitoring and evaluation tools and frameworks
- Track the successful use and implementation of M&E tools
- Perform a quality assurance function in terms of all data collected and analysed
- Train and mentor personnel on the application of M&E instruments
- Prepare Terms of Reference for evaluation
- Coordinate any evaluation and/or validation of data collection and documentation
- Ensure integrity of project records and data
- Ensure proper case management processes are established and maintained by the AFSA Bridge programme team
- Supervise and provide guidance to M&E staff
- Compile data and narrative reports for progress tracking
- Provide M&E technical assistance through training, mentorship and/or on-site supervision to junior staff
- Ensure adherence to SIMS standards and that project is SIMS compliant
- Compiling of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and Data validation before submitting reports
- Degree or Diploma in Data Management, Development studies, Health sciences or related studies
- Minimum of three years M&E experience within public health or community development sector
- Advanced MS Excel and Access skills
- Experience with statistical analysis packages such as Epi Info, SPSS, SAS and Stata
- Strong communication and training/facilitation skills
- Good English report writing and editorial skills
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques and data analysis techniques
- Experience in M&E reporting to international donor agencies essential experience with USAID funded programmes preferable.
- A valid driver’s license valid for more than 2 years and at least two year’s driving experience.
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and certified copies of certificates, ID and driver’s license with the reference M&E Coordinator in the subject line via emails to [email protected] no later than the 16 January 2019. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us by 31 January 2019, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.
For a more detailed advert and to apply, please visit the website via https://www.aids.org.za/vacancies/ by 16 January 2019.