HIV AMBASSADOR VACANCY
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
Until September 2020
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building. AFSA has been selected to be appointed by the Global Fund as one of the Principal Recipients (PRs) that will manage programmes to be funded by the grant.
The Organisation wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the HIV Ambassador. The purpose of this positions is to create relationships with health facilities and to track viral load for each CLHIV beneficiary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with clinical champion but focused more clinical elements such as specifics relating to VLM.
- Liaising with health care workers regarding VLS and treatment expert
- Grade 12 / clinical nurse or enrolled nurse
- Two years’ experience in working with HIV/AIDS.
- Clinical training and experience
- In depth knowledge in HIV/AIDS, Viral load/CD4 count and ART adherence.
- Good relationship with health facilities around INK area
- preferably young ling with HIV and is able to talk freely about their status
- Code 10 driver’s license
- Report writing and presentation skills
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and copies of certificates, ID and driver’s license with the reference “HIV AMBASSADOR” in the subject line via emails to [email protected] no later than 06/12/2019. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website using the form below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us within a period of one month, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria. Kindly note that candidates will be subjected to a criminal record check.