HIV AMBASSADOR VACANCY
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
November 2019 – September 2020
Salary: R15 000PM (Non Negotiable)
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building. This role will support the Bridge project funding by USAID through FHI 360. The Bridge project is focused on economic strengthening of youth people and is implemented in Inanda, Ntuzuma and KwaMashu.
The Organisation wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the HIV Ambassador. The purpose of this position is to create relationships with health facilities and to track viral load for each HIV positive beneficiary. The organization is looking to appoint someone who has clinical experience specific to managing HIV cases and is passionate about working with young people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with clinical champion but focused more clinical elements such as specifics relating to HIV case management such as viral load monitoring and reviewing and interpreting blood results from health facilities.
- Liaising with health care workers regarding viral load suppression and various treatment regimes.
- Create case management care plans for non-virally suppressed HIV positive beneficiaries
- Supervise clinical champion and fieldworkers
- Grade 12.
- Clinical nurse, enrolled nurse, qualified nurse, NIMART nurse, MBCHB graduate, PGDip Clinical Management of HIV or similar relevant qualification.
- Two years’ experience working with HIV/AIDS.
- Clinical training and experience.
- In depth knowledge in HIV/AIDS, Viral load/CD4 count and ART adherence.
- Good relationship with health facilities around INK area.
- Preferably people living with HIV and are able to talk freely about their status.
- Driver’s license.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to speak Zulu and English fluently.
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and copies of certificates, ID and driver’s license with the reference “HIV AMBASSADOR” in the subject line via emails to [email protected] no later than 12 November 2019. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website using the form below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us within a period of one month, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria. Kindly note that candidates will be subjected to a criminal record check