CENTRE MANAGER VACANCY
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
October 2019 – March 2020
Salary: R228 858 PA (Not Negotiable)
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building. AFSA has been selected to be appointed by the Global Fund as one of the Principal Recipients (PRs) that will manage programmes to be funded by the grant.
The Organisation wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the Centre Manager. The purpose of this positions is to lead out-of-School AGYW Program and overall implementation of the Out-of-School AGYW Safe Spaces and Community Outreach activities within the Govan Mbeki Sub-District. The incumbent will provide the overall leadership and management of all operations at the fixed and satellite safe spaces as well as at community outreach sites; and will coordinate delivery of AGYW behavioral and structural interventions working closely with Clinical Manager and the In-School Program Coordinator.This position will be based at the Phidisa Office in Secunda.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the overall planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities in the Sub district to achieve results against set objectives;
- Oversee overall mapping of safe spaces and community outreach points in the Sub district;
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders i.e. government departments, schools, community leadership and all other relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure the AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities are aligned with the relevant government policies and legislations to facilitate linkages and retention;
- Work with the AGYW program strategic information (SI) team to ensure all Out-of-School program related data is collected, validated, reported and utilized accurately and timeously to inform and guide evidence-based program planning and implementation;
- Assess/ identify capacity needs of Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach program staff and build their capacity through training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision as appropriate;
- Actively participate in on-site data verification and routine data quality assessment (DQA) activities;
- Represent the Out-of-School AGYW program in all relevant platforms as and when required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and the Phidisa senior management team.
- Demonstrated experience in AGYW program planning and implementation.
- Program management experience in Global Fund, PEPFAR or other AGYW projects is preferred;
- Proven leadership and management experience Global Fund, PEPFAR or other relevant donor funded programming experiences would be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of government social development, health and basic education systems, Mpumalanga Province-specific experience is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of local languages would be an added advantage;
- Experience in managing and building capacity (i.e. training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision) of a roving team teams, including facilitation skills;
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills; effective time management and coordination skills;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and project management tools
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and copies of certificates, ID and driver’s license with the reference “Centre Manager” in the subject line via emails to [email protected] no later than 16 October 2019. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website using the form below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us within a period of one month, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria. Kindly note that candidates will be subjected to a criminal record check.