Administrator: Global Fund Programme
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
July 2020-March 2022
R212,400 per annum
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building. AFSA has been selected to be appointed by the Global Fund (GF) as one of the Principal Recipients (PRs) that will manage programmes to be funded by the grant.
The Organisation wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to each serve as an Administrator, based at the Organisation’s head office in Durban.
Purpose of job:
- Organise and coordinate logistics for site visits, workshops, training courses and meetings for the GF funded programme.
- Coordinate GF Managers administration work including filing of meetings attended by GF managers.
- Perform administrative tasks related to accredited training and AFSA registration as an accredited training service provider.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft and submit requisitions for GF funded programme related activities such as, but not limited to, training venues, travel and accommodation and printing of training material.
- Liaise with Sub-recipients (SR) and learners regarding GF funded programme activities.
- Coordinate GF quarterly meetings with the Operations Manager.
- Coordinate GF Managers meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Prepare meeting agenda, attendance registers, invite GF team members and arrange logistics for AFSA GF quarterly meetings and Managers meetings.
- Collate GF timesheets for signing by GF managers and submit to Finance department on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with the Finance team in ensuring that cash advances from AFSA GF team have been addressed timeously.
- Work closely with the Procurement team and the other GF logistic administrator on all GF related procurement.
- Update AFSA GF staff files as and when required.
- National Senior Certificate, A-Levels and or Grade 12 equivalent
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Minimum of five years’ relevant work experience, with at least three years’ SETA administration experience
- Experience with SETA legislative requirements
- Experience with administration and logistics
- Take minutes at meetings
- Making electronic and paper filing systems
- Managing diaries and scheduling appointments
- Booking meeting venues and making travel arrangements
- Drivers licence
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Basic numerical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An eye for detail
- Time management skills
- Computer skills
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and certified copies of certificates, ID and driver’s license with the reference “Administrator: Global Fund program” in the subject line via emails to [email protected] no later than 23/06/2020. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website using the form below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us within a period of one month, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.