Request for Proposals
Reference: EOI-TS- 20211005
Opportunity: Various consultancy positions
- Human Rights charter developer
- RSSH specialist:
- Human Rights Specialist
- Advocacy Specialist
- Gender-based violence Specialist
- Community Response Systems Specialist
- Data analyst
- Programme evaluation specialist
- Technical support specialist
- Procurement specialist
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s). AFSA is one of four Principal Recipients (PRs) currently implementing Global Fund (GF) supported programmes in South Africa for the April 2019 to March 2022 grant period. By placing donor funds with strategically selected CBO’s, AFSA currently provides ongoing, technical support & capacity building to CBO’s implementing programmes across 25 districts in eight of the nine provinces in South Africa.
Amongst these programmes is the Adolescent Girls and Young Women Programme (AGYW), Men’s HIV prevention programme (MSP), Programme to reduce human rights-related barriers to Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) services, also known as the Human Rights Programme, Gender-based programme (Thuthuzela care centres), Advocacy Programme, Community based /led monitoring and Community Response Systems (CRS) Programme.
It is upon this background that AFSA seeks to appoint several consultants to provide technical support for the programmes listed above. Linkages among all AFSA GF programmes will form an important deliverable of this work. The main goal of this consultancy is to provide programme technical support, for all programmes listed above, but with emphasis on Human Rights, Advocacy, Gender-based violence, overall programme performance, and performance improvements.
Objectives of the consultancy include:
- Supporting programme performance reviews,
- Providing advice on improving performance,
- Co-ordinate and facilitate workshops and trainings,
- Consolidate programme reports,
- Draft programme documents such as standard operating procedures & guidelines,
- Developing IEC materials,
- Improving linkages between all AFSA GF programmes.
- Facilitate risks identification and mitigation planning.
Term: Oct 2021 – Mar 2022
Application deadline: 05 Oct 2021 (23h00)