Request for Proposals
GLO02REQ02113 MPL CRS TOR
Background: The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) serves as a Principal Recipient for the current Global Fund Program in South Africa (2019 – 2022).
AFSA’s scope of work includes managing the Community Response and Systems (CRS) Program to be implemented in Mpumalanga province in the districts of Gert Sibande and Ehlanzeni.
The CRS program seeks to develop the organisational and program implementation capacity of locally based Civil Society Organisations. Therefore AFSA is seeking to appoint Assessor/s registered with Health and Welfare SETA to facilitate training, conduct mentoring, and assess POEs for 14 learners in the province of Mpumalanga as outlined below:
Training Content: Prevention and Adherence Support on HIV and Advance Counselling and HIV Testing
|US ID||Unit Standard Title – Prevention and Adherence Strategies for HIV/AIDS with 2 unit standards (Block 1)|
|252533||Provide pre and post HIV test counselling|
|252532||Provide on-going counselling and support to individuals infected or affected by HIV and Aids|
|US ID||Unit Standard Title – Prevention and Adherence Strategies for HIV/AIDS with 3 unit standards (Block 2)
|260597||Provide information about HIV and AIDS and treatment options in community care and support situations|
|117507||Develop and implement a client ARV treatment plan|
|252512||Counsel an individual in a structured environment|
1) The Assessor/s must be in a position to render training for one or more of the training blocks as per the content outlined, and dates listed in the timelines;.
2) AFSA shall make available to the Assessor /s existing materials for learners;
3) The Assessor/s must prepare and submit training reports to AFSA following the end of each block of training conducted.
4) The Assessor/s must be able to demonstrate that the training improved the competencies and skills of the learners.
5) Assessor/s shall facilitate training on theory for 7 days and conduct mentorship for 4 weeks;
6) Assessor/s shall perform 100% of assessment on POE’s for the 20 learners in Mpumalanga.
1) Formal training qualification/s in the subject content to be covered during the block of training sessions as outlined;
2) Experience in facilitating HIV testing services training for learners from CSOs.
3) The Assessor/s must submit HWSETA registration letters with Public Awareness and Promotion of Dread Disease and HIV/AIDS (qualification 74410 SAQA) with applications.
4) The assessor/s must be fluent in English, siSwati or isiZulu,
The Assessor/s will be expected to commence work on this assignment immediately following appointment, which is set to be finalised by 03 June 2021. The training and mentorship is set to take place in two phases:
- Block 1 Prevention and Adherence Support on HIV, workplace mentorship, assessment of POEs and submission of report: 27 June – 30 July 2021
- Block 2 Advance Counselling and HIV Testing, workplace mentorship, assessment of POEs and submission of report: 01 – 28 August 2021.
Expressions of Interest:
Assessor/s that possess the necessary qualifications and experience are invited to submit expressions of interest (EOI) to AFSA for consideration.
- Assessor/s should provide a copy of their curriculum vitae or organisational/consultancy profile, including details of similar work undertaken and past references.
- In a possession of a relevant qualification at a minimum of NQF 5
- Assessor/s should specify which training blocks they are qualified and capable of conducting.
- Experience in the field of primary health care and community development.
- Assessor/s should provide a breakdown of professional fees / cost structure for services to be rendered. AFSA shall organise and pay for travel costs and accommodation related to the undertaking of this assignment.
- Applicants submitting tender bids are also required to submit copies of the following documents with their tender applications:
- Register as an assessor with relevant ETQA
- Company accreditation registration letter/s from HWSETA
- A declaration confirming the absence of any conflict of interest; or alternatively a declaration stating any existing relationship /acquaintance with AFSA employees or Directors;
- Applicants are requested to submit copies of relevant registration documents and qualifications.
Submission of Applications:
Applications should be submitted via email to the following address: [email protected]
Alternatively hard copies and a soft copy in a USB may be delivered at AIDS Foundation’s offices located on the 2nd Floor, 135 Musgrave Road, Berea, and Durban.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 28 May 2021 before 16H30pm