Quotes & Grants
REFERENCE NUMBER: BRE02REQ00134
The AIDS Foundation South Africa (AFSA) has been appointed by Bread for the World (BfdW) as the “central project holder” (CPH) of the Small Project and Support Fund (SPSF). The SPSF aims to empower communities in KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape and Mpumalanga, through small local initiatives that are made up of committed and dedicated people, to participate in their own development through actions that are designed, implemented and owned by the communities themselves. The local initiatives can be structured as self-help groups; community based organizations (CBO’s); faith based organisations (FBO’s) or other small non-governmental organisations (NGO’s); or small local networks and their members working within their vicinity and context to improve the lives of the marginalised in that vicinity. The types of intervention that the SPSF will support include actions addressing social justice, food security, environmental protection and gender equality and the provision of legal or other emergency services.
This is a call for quotations from service providers to conduct training on Organisational Development for these grassroots initiatives.
- Training will be conducted in January 2021, it may have to be conducted on a virtual platform due to COVID-19 pandemic,
- Maximum number of trainees is 12
- The common theme areas/gaps that have been identified for the organisations include:
- Corporate Governance & Compliance,
- Fundraising strategies,
- Report & Proposal writing skills,
- Facilitation Skills,
- Human Resource Management,
- Organisational Administration & Record Keeping,
- Advocacy & Lobbying,
- UIF Statutory Compliance
- Understanding of NPO Act No 71 of 1997 to ensure compliance
- Marketing and company profile
- Non Accredited Outcome based interventions required for each module,
- Certificate of training will be required for the participants and
- Training report.
- Bi-lingual speaker required to conduct training.
- Full CV and profile of service provider required with 3 letters of support/testimonials of previous work conducted.
- Proof of registration/qualifications of service provider with training regulatory bodies.
- Previous experience with smaller grass root initiatives will be an added advantage.
- Service provider to provide evidence of capabilities for virtual training this includes:
- Connectivity during training
- Connectivity back-up plan
- Training material to cater for all modules as per identified theme areas.
- Mandatory requirements:
- Valid Company Registration/Entity Registration or Sole Proprietor
- VAT registration Document
- Valid tax clearance Certificate issued by the South African Revenue Service ( SARS)
- B-BBEE status level verification certificate
- A declaration confirming the absence of any conflict of interest or alternatively a declaration of any existing relationship/acquaintance with AFSA employees or Directors.
Deadline for applications is 27th November 2020 16H00
Application needs to be either emailed, couriered or hand delivered to the following address:
Email: [email protected]
Durban office: 2nd Floor, 135 Musgrave Road, Musgrave, Durban, 4001