Request for Quotation: FUNDRAISER
Terms of Reference
AFSA is seeking a fundraising consultant to support the organization in ensuring its financial sustainability, by conducting fundraising activities and developing business partnerships, aligned to the AFSA’s areas of focus.
AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) was established in 1988 and it is the first registered AIDS Non-Governmental Organisation in South Africa. AFSA as a development organization exists to support local, national and regional efforts to reduce new HIV, STI and TB infections, address the social and structural drivers of HIV, remove the barriers to the realisation of sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) and build resilient communities. AFSA strategically positions itself to work in partnership with Community Based Organizations (CBO) and other Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) because of their access and proximity to vulnerable communities and target populations.
Scope of the assignment
- Assess the capacity and prospects for long-term fundraising strategic goals and actions and business partnerships in the country. This task includes review of existing assessment of trends in corporate giving and civil society organizations (CSO) fundraising
- Identify funding opportunities aligned to AFSA’s strategic areas of support
- Identify at least five partners that could support the work of AFSA in the future.
- Conduct meetings with prospective funders and work to secure at least medium-term (2 year) partnerships with two funders, formalized through a contractual agreement.
- Develop a final report containing information about the implemented strategy, identified opportunities and challenges and recommendations for further actions.
AFSA will provide supporting with the following:
- Introduce the Consultant to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Provide information on existing documents
- Be available for clarifications and support
- Review drafts of required deliverables and suggest necessary changes.
- Approve final versions of deliverables and make payments accordingly.
- A university degree
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, resource mobilisation and donor engagement (at least 5 years)
Other requirements to be considered:
- Experience in working with donors in an international context especially major donors, private foundations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, trusts and other institutional donors.
- Experience in funding planning, development of resource mobilisation strategies and implementation of such strategies.
- Proven understanding of the donor environment.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the sector and understanding of the challenges involved in fundraising for this work.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
Identification of potential business partners -October 2021
Develop fundraising proposals –October 2021 – January 2022
Securing engagements of business organizations –October 2021 – January 2022
Develop final report – 28 February 2022