Community Work Program
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a non-profit organisation (NPO) working in the areas of HIV, health and community development. AFSA has been appointed as an Implementing NPO to manage the implementation of the Community Work Program (CWP) at local sub-district sites in the Eden, Overberg and Central Karoo Districts of the Western Cape.
AFSA is inviting suppliers and service providers, including small, medium and micro-enterprises (SMME), operating in any of these three districts and/or the Western Cape to submit proposals to AFSA for registration on AFSA’s Community Work Program supplier data base.
Suppliers and service providers are being sought to supply goods and services in respect of one or more of the following categories:
Tools, equipment & materials
- Hardware (tools & equipment) for repairs, general maintenance and small scale construction work;
- Building supplies and materials: cement, sand, stone, asphalt, bricks/blocks, timber, poles, fencing, paint, corrugated iron, etc.
- Landscaping, gardening, grass cutting & small scale agricultural tools & equipment;
- Vegetable and grain seeds and seedlings
- Cleaning equipment & supplies: brushware, mops, litter pick-up tools, refuse collection bins, janitorial equipment & consumables (cleaning agents, cleaning cloths, buckets, refuse bags, etc.)
- Home based care and first aid supplies
- Cooking pots, utensils & equipment for soup kitchens/feeding schemes
- Equipment & supplies for crèches /early childhood development centres: stationery, toys, books, playground equipment etc.
- Office equipment, furniture, & consumables: computers, printers, desks, chairs, stationery etc.
- Shipping containers for storage.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal protective equipment: work wear /overalls, reflective vests, safety boots, hard hats, safety glasses, dust masks, gloves, gum-boots, rain suits, hazard signage & traffic cones, etc.
Accredited and Non – Accredited Training Service Providers
Skills training in respect of:
- Small scale agriculture
- ‘Handyman’ courses (general repairs & maintenance)
- Adult basic education & training
- Ancillary health care
- HIV counselling and testing
- Early childhood development
- Financial literacy and entrepreneurship
- Computer skills training (introductory & intermediate levels)
- First aid and health and safety
- Sewing and dressmaking
- Baking for profit
- Asset Management
- Supervisors Training
- Office Administration
- Reading for Enjoyment
Appropriate suppliers and service providers, including small, medium and micro-enterprises (SMME), are invited to submit proposals for registration onto AFSA’s supplier data base for the CWP. Submissions by suppliers and service providers should include the following documentation:
- Company or trading entity profile & relevant experience & past references; (Curriculum Vitae in the case of an individual service provider)
- Company or trading entity registration certificate (in the case of a sole proprietor copy of Identity Document);
- Schedule and description of goods and services on offer, and specify in which sub-districts and districts the company/trading entity is able to provide/deliver the said goods and services.
- VAT registration certificate (if registered for VAT)
- A valid tax clearance certificate issued by the South African Revenue Service (SARS).
- B-BBEE certificate (unless trading below the prescribed threshold then submit Affidavit)
- Training service providers to include copies of qualification certificates and accreditation registration.
- A declaration confirming the absence of any conflict of interest; or alternatively a declaration stating any existing relationship /acquaintance with AFSA employees or Directors;
Preference will be given to suppliers based in the following sub-districts:
Beaufort West Theewaterskloof
Cape Agulhas George
Prince Albert Swellendam
Applications must be signed, dated and emailed to the following address:
Alternatively hard copies may be delivered by courier to the AFSA head office: AIDS Foundation, 2nd floor, 135 Musgrave Road, Durban, 4062